Architectural Review Board
- 6 p.m.
- 1st Monday of every month
- Town Hall
North Meeting Room
1540 S Cleveland-Massillon
Copley Township, OH 44321
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Christine Davis
- Melanie Friedman
- Joseph Gregory
- Dwayne Groll
- Kelly McPherson
- Dale Couch
- Rodney Kovacs
The Architectural Review Board is charged with design review of all new construction, changes and additions to commercial, industrial and multi-family projects including signage. The Board's goals and purposes are to:
- Promote orderly and harmonious development of the Township in accordance with Copley Township's Land Use Plan.
- Enhance the desirability of residence or investment in the Township.
- Encourage the attainment of the most desirable use of land and improvements.
- Enhance the desirability of living conditions upon the immediate site or in adjacent areas.
- Promote visual environments which are of high aesthetic quality and variety and which, at the same time, are considerate of each other.
The Architectural Review Board is authorized under Ohio Revised Code §519.171 effective November 5, 2004 and amended May 27, 2005.
The Board is composed of five members and two alternates appointed by the Copley Township Board of Trustees of which three of whom are architects, landscape architects, engineers, building designers or other design professionals. Initial terms are for one year and commence January 1.
The Architectural Review Board meets on the 1st Monday of each month at 6 p.m. in the North Meeting Room, 1540 S Cleveland-Massillon Road. The applicant or his or her representative should be present to answer questions from the Board. A second meeting may be scheduled as needed. All meetings are open to the public and subject to Ohio's Open Meeting Laws.
Applicants must submit applications to the zoning office along with 10 copies of plans, elevations, and other supporting material. Electronic submissions of plans are acceptable. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Powers & Duties
The architectural review board is authorized and directed to provide advisory review of any permanent sign, exterior construction, reconstruction, exterior addition or alteration, exterior restoration, razing, relocation, or demolition of any building or structures classified as:
- A proposed sign
- A conditional use
- Located within the Industrial District
- Located within the Commercial District
- The Creation or Extension of a Residential Subdivision
- The Development of a Planned Residential Development
- The Development of a Mixed Use Compact Development District
The Architectural Review Board may establish additional written guidelines for applications, public meetings, standards of appropriateness, and other necessary standards for this section including:
- Review and identify structures and areas within Copley Township that are historically, archaeologically, or architecturally significant
- Make comments and recommendations to the Zoning Commission and the Township Trustees regarding the Comprehensive Land Use Plan, the Zoning Resolution and other land use issues