HELP US PRESERVE COPLEY'S HISTORY
In 1974, when the old railroad depot on Sawmill Road at Cleveland-Massillon Road was threatened with demolition, a number of citizens banded together for its preservation and in the process formed the Copley Township Historical Society. The depot was moved to its present site on Copley Road just west of the cemetery.
The restored depot and its adjacent also-restored caboose now serve as the center for the Society with about 50 members who meet the third Monday of every month at 7:00 p.m. at Copley Town Hall, 1540 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road, Copley, Ohio 44321.
Copley Historical Society is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501 (c) (3) Organization. As such, donors may deduct contributions as provided in section 170 of the Code.
Bequests, legacies, devises, transfers, or gifts are deductible for Federal estate and gift tax purposes if they meet the applicable provisions of Code sections 2055, 2106 and 2522. Please note: Membership dues are not tax deductible. Federal Identification No: 34-1441501
Memberships sustain the Historical Society's operational expenses, which involves the preservation of historic articles that are currently housed on the third floor of Copley Town Hall. Major projects are funded by various fund raisers throughout the year.
The Copley Historical Society Museum is located on the second floor of the Town Hall at 1540 S Cleveland-Massillon Road and is open to visitors the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The Copley Depot and Caboose are open on the second Saturday of the month from April to October from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. The Depot and Caboose are at 3772 Copley Road west of the Circle.