The following information is being provided to give you an idea of the location of all known township cemeteries. It will also help identify any cemeteries where the gravestones or burial records have been copied and, if known, where this information can be found. Inscriptions for the cemeteries in Copley Township can be found in the book "Summit County Cemetery Inscriptions, Volume 1" which was published in 1978 by the Summit County Chapter, OGS. This book also contains burials from Bath Township and the City of Norton.
Copley Cemetery: Located at 3770 Copley Road, Copley, Ohio (just west of Copley Circle). Established sometime in the 1820's. This is currently the only active cemetery in the township. Gravesites are sold on an as needed basis only. This cemetery has a Veteran's Memorial Section located by the Eternal Flame, Veteran's Flag Pole and Monument, for any honorably discharged veterans of the United States Armed Forces. If there are any questions concerning Veterans Markers in either the Veteran's Memorial Section or other parts of the cemetery, please contact the Service Director. Click here for Burial Rules for Veterans.
Montrose Cemetery: Located on the west side of S. Cleve Mass Road, just south of route 18. Established in the early 1800's. In February of 1997, a renovation of old tombstones and grave markers was completed at this half acre cemetery. It was then discovered that the oldest legible date of burial was 1811 and the newest 1934. There are many children and infants buried here along with at least twenty (20) veterans, including nine (9) who fought in the Civil War, three (3) who served in the Revolutionary War and eight (8) veterans of the War of 1812.
Stimson Road Cemetery: Located on the west side of Hametown Road, just north of Stimson Road. In January of 1991 a group of approximately seven (7) boy scouts from Troop #382 completed a project that consisted of identification and documentation of the gravesites at this cemetery. Their research discovered that the earliest legible date of burial was on June 19, 1839 and that several veterans of the Civil War, Revolutionary war and the War of 1812 are buried here.