SCPH Media Contact Phone Number: (330) 812-3700
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Community Testing For COVID-19 June 27th and 28th in Summit County
[Akron, OH] –Summit County Public Health (SCPH) in collaboration with Summa Health and The House of the Lord will be offering a community COVID-19 testing clinic located in the parking lot of The House of the Lord on June 27 and 28, 2020 from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm both days. The House of the Lord is located at 1650 Diagonal Rd, Akron, OH 44320.
Important information to remember before you come for testing:
• No appointment is necessary. You may come anytime between 11:00 am – 1:00 pm or 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm on June 27th and 28th.
• Please bring your insurance card if you have one, however insurance coverage is not required for testing.
• Walk up or drive up testing is available.
• There is no out-of-pocket cost at the testing event on June 27th & 28th.
• Please be prepared to share your name, date of birth, address and phone number.
• The test offered in not an antibody test. This test is to determine if you currently have the COVID-19 virus.
“The Summa Health Equity Center is proud to partner with Summit County Public Health to bring COVID-19 testing to Akron. This site at The House of the Lord will dramatically increase access for individuals who may be most impacted by COVID-19.”
Billi Copeland King, Esq., Director, Summa Health Center for Health Equity
“Our collaboration with Summa Health and The House of The Lord will offer us the opportunity to offer convenient testing for Summit County residents most impacted by COVID-19. We are excited that the Priority 5 testing capability has opened up and we are now able to go into our highest need communities. Our collaboration with Summa Health and The House of the Lord has enabled us to reach those individuals who have experienced barriers to getting tested for COVID-19.”
Donna Skoda, Health Commissioner, SCPH
“Summa Health is making an intentional effort to address inequities and access to healthcare resources. We recognize that the social determinates of health impact individual health outcomes and the communities we serve.”
Iriel Hopkins, MSW, LSW, System Director, Community Relations & Diversity
For more information about the coronavirus situation in Summit County visit https://www.scph.org/covid-19 or https://summahealth.org/covidresource. If you have questions, regarding the testing clinic at The House of the Lord call the SCPH COVID-19 Call Line at (330) 926-5795. The call line is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. M-F.