COPLEY, OH (February 25, 2021) – Highlights from the February 23, 2021 Board of Trustees Meeting:
- The Trustees approved a map amendment to the Zoning Resolution for 120 Montrose West Ave. changing the zoning for that parcel from Planned Development District – Highway Services to Planned Development District – Residential Medium Density allowing Boulder Venture LLC to repurpose the Fairbridge Motel to apartment buildings.
- Permission was granted to enter into a mutual aid agreement with the Department of Public Safety, Ohio EMA ensuring reimbursement of expenses related to the deployment of personnel to assist with recovery missions or the conduct of emergency management exercises.
- Resolution was approved recognizing April 30, 2021 as Arbor Day and declaring a celebration to be held on April 30-May 1, 2021
- The Board learned that the Township is a recipient of the 2020 Tree City USA designation and Growth Award.
- A Designation Agreement was approved between the Copley Community Improvement Corporation (CIC) permitting the Township to donate and the CIC to accept donations of Township owned property for future development.
- Permission was granted for the Copley Bandstand Committee to use the Copley Circle for summer band concerts after July 4, 2021.
- Permission was granted for the Copley Heritage Day Committee to use the Copley Community Park for a Heritage Day celebration the first Saturday in August 2021.
- Additionally, the Board of Trustees discussed a petition submitted by Tuscan Ridge Development Company, LLC requesting inclusion in the Copley Akron JEDD. The developer is building an apartment complex near Heritage Woods and is requesting water service from the City of Akron. The City is requiring, at this time, for the property, currently zoned residential, to be included in the JEDD. The Board tabled the issue for further discussion.