COVID-19 Response Update
Copley Township is following Governor DeWine’s and the Ohio Health Department’s recommendations to promote prevention activities to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, now that there is identified community spread of the virus. Effective immediately, the Township is cancelling all public meetings and events that are NOT required for the continuation of Township operations.
- All Boards, Commissions and Community Groups that meet at the Town Hall are suspended for the month of March 2020 with the exception of those meetings essential to the continuation of Township operations including the Township Board of Trustees. Further information will be available regarding future meeting schedules for the month of April 2020.
- The Arbor Day Celebration at Copley Community Park scheduled for April 25, 2020 is cancelled.
- The 2020 Earth Day event is postponed until further notice.
- All group activities that have scheduled use of the Community Park facilities are suspended until further notice. The Park will remain open for casual use by individuals not congregating in groups of more than 10.
- All Fire Inspections, other than those necessary, and Fire Division public outreach (CPR Training, etc.) are suspended until further notice
Should you need assistance from personnel located at the Town Hall, please call before arriving. In-person access to the Town Hall will be limited to those individuals with immediate and pressing needs, as determined by a Township official. Individuals will not have the ability to personally meet with Administrative personnel; all business will be conducted via telephone or electronically. Should you have an emergency, please dial 911 and the proper safety personnel will be dispatched as soon as available.
During this uncertain time, we pledge to continue to support our residents and local businesses while respecting the seriousness of this public health crisis. We ask for your cooperation in following the guidelines and recommendations of the medical experts who are combatting this outbreak at the ground level and for your support of the safety forces who are personally at risk in their efforts to keep us all safe.